As you can see.
Anyway, with a bit of research, I've discovered many other, more believable, benefits of rocking chairs. The following list is a combination of Google Facts (GF) and Trudie Facts (TF). Some of them might even be true – although probably not the TF.
1.The rhythmic rocking motion releases endorphins, which reduces anxiety. (GF)
2. It improves the flexibility and strength of knees, especially helpful after knee surgery. (GF)
3. You can burn up to 150 calories per hour rocking. (GF) Which means eating a Tim Tam an hour while you rock is a calorie-neutral activity! (TF)
4. It engages the core muscles. Rocking for one hour gives the same abdominal benefits as a 2 minute plank, or 100 situps. It also works the calf muscles , and if you've read 'My Dot Points' you'll know how important that is to me.(TF)
5. Improved circulation helps prevent varicose veins. (GF)
6. Rocking increases creativity. The constant motion, combined with the sudden changes of direction of rocking mean that the synapses in the brain are jolted into making unexpected neurotransmission connections. (TF)
7. The negative effects of sitting and being sedentary are not applicable in a rocking chair. (GF)
8. Kids (even teens) will do previously ignored jobs in exchange for a turn on the rocker . (TF)
9.Students with ADD and ADHD focus better because the rocking motion satisfies their need for movement, meaning they can stay alert in the learning environment. (GF)
10. It's just bloody good fun! (TF)
So there you have it. Get yourself a chair because rocking rocks!